jueves, 23 de abril de 2015

Fifth Post



Hello class!
In this post I would like to talk about popular misconceptions about Art or studying Art

First I need to tell you about something. The last Tuesday just when I was arriving at home…I met with a neighbour and just we talked about this point.
He asked me “what are you studying?” I told him “I`m studying art”
And then he told me…” if you are going to be an artist, are you going to be on TV then?”  When he told me that, I laugh. But also remember that other people told me this another time.
In general, people don`t know much about Art, and the truth is they have no way of knowing about it, thinking that the hours of visual art are less every time at school .
But also there are other people who think that studying art is something great, and they see us as if we were geniuses or something.  And this is so strange for me, because I don`t see that way. The artist or the people that study art are normal people, only they are interested in particular life details, just like the others. I think that art is a way to see and think about life (that’s why art might be like a religion or philosophy).
The thing makes people worry the most about me is: what will I do after I finish my career? Or how I’m going to live from art? I think that art is a very big field, and it can be applied to whatever we do, so my answer to these questions is always the same, “I’m going to see what happens in the road”, and that surprises them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario